-4 tsp sugar
-2 tsp active dry yeast
Mix the above with a dough hook, 7 mins on speed 2. Then add:
-2 tsp non-iodized salt (then mix another 2 minutes)
Step by Step Directions:
- Cut & shape dough into 2 balls
- Oil dough ball, cover top of bowl with plastic wrap, place in fridge.
- wait 24-36 hours. For pizza Saturday night, make the dough Wednesday night.
- 1 hour before baking, remove from fridge & turn on the oven with pizza stone.
- Pizza stone on the 2nd highest oven rack.
- Convection roast 450F for 1 hour to heat the stone up.
- Before stretching and topping the pizza. Put your broiler on high.
- Stretch out dough. Avoid squishing the crust. Thinner is tastier. If it springs back, let it rest for 10 mins.
- I use a 50/50 mix of all purpose flour and coarse semolina to dust with.
- Before putting the pizza in the oven, turn off the broiler and reset the oven to convection roast 450F.
- Pizza will be done in 6-8 minutes. I often turn the brolier back on for the last 3 or so minutes.
- The trick is to balance the cook on the top and bottom.