Ingredients (for 3 large bowls of pasta)
3 tsp butter (unsalted if available)
3 tbsp olive oil
4 cloves minced garlic
1/2 lb ground pork (or 2 large Italian sausages - peeled & chopped)
1 28oz can whole san maranzano tomatoes in juice. blend. if in water, strain first.
1/4 cup red wine
1 tsp salt (more to taste)
3 tsp sugar (more to taste)
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp dried basil
Step by Step Directions:
- Brown pork in butter & oil
- Add garlic, sautee a bit more
- Add tomato and wine to the pot, scrape the bottom.
- Mix and add spices.
- Simmer for 1 hour (uncovered)
- Tomatoes vary and usually require further sugar and salt adjustments. Taste without bread.
Note: Freezes well for several months or 3 weeks in the fridge